Hiring a Plumber or Tradesperson?

About to hire a plumber, gasfitter or drainlayer?

Check out what the the Plumbers, Gasfitters and Drainlayers Board (PGDB) want you to consider before you hire...

The PGDB recommend that before you use the services of a registered plumber, gasfitter or drainlayer.

  1. Ask to see the card and check that it is current.
  2. Check the icons on the front of the authorisation card to ensure that the type of work to be carried out is permitted by the licence.
  3. Check the back of the card to see the supervising Certified Plumber, Gasfitter or Drainlayer if other than the tradesperson completing the work.

Ask For The Card

All registered tradespeople must carry a current card with details of the trades they are certified in, or the name of their supervisor, as well as any supervision requirements (on the reverse).

The PGDB recognizes five classes of registration - Exemption Under Supervision, Limited Certificate Trainee, Journeyman, Tradesman and Certifying.  All classes other than certifying require supervision of a certifying tradesperson.  Find out more about the work each can complete on the PGDB website.

Unauthorised plumbing, gasfitting and drainlaying work could invalidate your insurance and damage your property as well as the health of your family.  Don't risk it.

You can rely on our team of Master Plumbers to delivery excellent customer service. Contact Us Today On 0800 562 257.